According to DBMS2, there are six useful things you can do with analytic technology:
* You can make an immediate decision.
* You can plan in support of future decisions.
* You can research, investigate, and analyze in support of future decisions.
* You can monitor what’s going on, to see when it necessary to decide, plan, or investigate.
* You can communicate, to help other people and organizations do these same things.
* You can provide support, in technology or data gathering, for one of the other functions.
Read the DBMS2 article for more info.